Dear PES Families,
First of all, I want to take a moment to thank all of you for working so hard with your students during this unprecedented time. While our teachers have provided an outline and opportunities, the follow-through has landed squarely on your shoulders as parents. So again, thank you!
Secondly, I wanted to give you an update on the conclusion of the school year. As some of the restrictions have been lifted, our planning has moved forward.
- As your child's teacher told you in their weekly plans, this week (May 11-15) is the last week of academic homework and plans. The following week (May 18-21) will be more fun and wrap up activities. Teachers will do one more Zoom meeting each week, with the last Zoom meeting being more of a celebration and wrap up.
- On Monday, May 18th, Opaa breakfast and lunches will still be distributed in the Middle School drive. If your family has taken advantage of this opportunity and also checked out a laptop from the district, please drop off your laptop during food distribution on the 18th. (Hours 7-9a, 11-1p, 4-7p). School supplies will not be available, however.
- On Tuesday, May 19th, members of the elementary staff will be distributing school supplies left at the elementary school. Because of construction to the elementary drive, this will also happen on the Middle School side, through doors 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14. You will stay in your car, give your child's name or children's names to a staff member, and the supplies will be brought out to your car. We will place the supplies in the backseat or the trunk to minimize contact, and all staff members will be wearing masks and gloves. We will also be collecting library books and laptops during this time. The hours for distribution on Tuesday, May 19th will be 7a-1p and 4p-7p. Please make every attempt to pick up supplies on this day, as it is the only planned distribution day. Due to a lack of storage space and construction, materials will be discarded or donated on May 29th.
- At this point, Kindergarten Round-Up is canceled. We are working on a plan for gathering paperwork for our incoming Kindergarten students and a way for teachers to meet incoming students. We will continue to monitor information received from the Sarpy/Cass Health Department and reach out as we have a definitive plan.
- Construction has begun in our building! Currently, the gym floor is in the process of being removed, and soon the driveway will begin the renovation. In June, all classrooms will be getting doors. We can't wait to be able to welcome you back in the fall to our even better PES building!