PCSD Assessment Beliefs
· Assessment practices support effective instruction and learning opportunities.
· Teachers are responsible for thorough and effective content preparation, practice with testing formats, instruction in test-taking strategies, and the development of effective assessments. They are responsible for asking for clarification if testing procedures or unclear.
· Conscientious administration and handling of assessment materials is a professional responsibility.
· Students should have had multiple opportunities to learn and review the content, become familiar with a variety of assessment forms, and learn test-taking strategies through authentic and relevant learning activities designed to encourage meta-cognition, self-awareness, and knowledge of testing structures and patterns.
· Students, teachers, and parents should be encouraged to see assessments as providing important information upon which future-learning opportunities will be designed.