Working in partnership to ensure Academic achievement, responsible Behavior and Civic engagement.
Academic Achievement Means...Essence
To create an environment that empowers students with the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to reach their career goals, understand and participate in civic situations, and make thoughtful and appropriate choices.
Our vision is for students to use their academic knowledge and high-level thinking skills to make thoughtful and appropriate choices in all aspects of their social and emotional life.
Plattsmouth Community School District students will use their academic content knowledge and skills to reach their career goals and to adapt to changing jobs market. Students will also use their foundation of academic knowledge and skills as they analyze civic situations, make effective civic decisions, and participate in a democratic and world community.
We believe that because our schools are well equipped to develop academic knowledge and skills, all students will have the opportunity to:
Responsible Behavior Means...
- Use diverse learning strategies to acquire knowledge.
- Use the technology, research skills, and problem solving techniques needed for life-long learning.
- Learn from challenging and authentic experiences.
- Continue to develop and apply higher-level thinking skills.
- Develop study skills strategies.
- Become responsible for their learning.
- Set and achieve academic goals.
- Have and be positive role models.
- Have their learning developed through the cooperative efforts of the student, home, family, school, and community.
To encourage an environment in which students develop respect for self, other people and property as well as demonstrate responsibility, integrity, courage, good judgment, and leadership.
Our vision is for students to demonstrate responsible behaviors in their homes, community, academic endeavors, and work places. Using these behaviors they will be able to better themselves, their community, their country, and the world.
We believe that because our schools are well equipped to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for appropriate behavior students will have the opportunity to:
Civic Engagement Means....Essence
- Learn and exhibit respect for people and property.
- Follow classroom and school expectations.
- Learn socially appropriate skills.
- Display the courage necessary to make appropriate decisions and stand up for your principles.
- Defend others when they are being mistreated or misunderstood.
- Analyze the impact inappropriate behaviors have on themselves, their peers, and society at large.
- Accept and apply constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate reliability, hard work and resiliency.
- Display pride in self, school, community, and country.
- Demonstrate self- reliance (financial, academics, etc.)
- Learn to balance school, family, friends, and work.
- Learn the importance of optimism and encouraging others.
- Practice self-determination
- Develop goals and implement personal strategies.
- Develop the problem-solving skills needed for bettering themselves, their community and the world.
To create an environment that empowers students with the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to make responsible choices in order to promote the public good within their communities.
VisionOur vision is for students to feel connected to and pride in their community. They will participate in communities politically and socially and exhibit civic values. Students will be able to interact appropriately in social situations and use skills for productive problem solving and decision-making. Given a situation, they will make thoughtful, appropriate choices. Toleration of others and their choices will be their expectation.
Civically engaged students will be connected to their world, country, community, and heritage, actively involving themselves in such things as:
* Student Council
* Safety patrol
We believe that because our schools are well equipped to address the cognitive aspects of good citizenship, students will have the opportunity to:
* Contribute to different organizations in an array of interests and beliefs.
* Work together to preserve the environment.
* Participate in and contribute to the community.
* Be informed about and thoughtful of the world around them.* Respect and understand the rights and welfare of others and their property.
* Display empathy, tolerance, and appreciation of differences.