PCMS Blue Devil Academy is happy to announce The Lion King Experience! Students will connect virtually with Lion King Broadway actors, directors, and designers! Using engaging technology, students will act, sing, and design this year in preparation for the full stage show next year! To register or get more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1- Operation Gratitude “Write letters to servicemen and women” (Language & Arts)
2- Fun Friday
5- Make Halloween Pictures (Art)
6- Newton’s Third Law of Motion (Science)
7- October 24, 1861 Transcontinental Telegram Presentation (History/Science)
8- Halloween Poetry (Language & Arts/Reading)
9- Fun Friday
12- Columbus Day Observance (History of Christopher Columbus) (History)
13- October 13, 1792 George Washington laid the cornerstone of the White House Presentation (History)
14- Michael Jackson dance-off to “Thriller” and Caramel Apples!! (Music/PE)
15- Autumn Jeopardy “What is_____??” (History)
16- Fun Friday
19- Yarn Art/Ghost Suckers (Art)
20- Zodiac Signs (History)
21- October 21, 1879, Thomas Edison’s Electric incandescent Lamp burned for 13 hours Presentation (History/Science)
22- No School
23- No School
26- Mr. Bones (Skeletal System)/Facts about Bones (Science)
27- Leadership Presentation by Ms. Barada (Leadership)
28- Halloween Cards for the elderly (Community Service)
29- Masks around the world presentation (Art/History)
30- Fun Friday
What to Expect with BDA!
We will follow all district protocols and establish routines of our own!
What will your student need:
- A book to read
- Homework materials
- Drawing, writing, coloring materials
- Individual games, etc. for free time (if appropriate)
What the program will provide:
- Extra materials – For emergency situations
- All materials needed for program activities
- Hand sanitizer
- Great programming!
- Snack time
- Homework help- 20 minutes of dedicated time for all students. Students who do not have a book will need to bring a book to read.
- Movement break
- Activities and presentations by our staff
- Virtual presentations by our partners (The Zoo, Cass County Extension, SAC Museum, etc. )
- Fun, career-related, and inspirational experiences!
- Outdoor Movement and Mask Break
- Free time!
- Students will sit by grade-level 6 feet apart across the middle school cafeteria.
- There will be a seating chart with assigned seats.
- Only one student will go to the bathroom at a time.
- We will take a cleaning break one hour into the program.
- Twenty minutes of required homework/reading time.
- No balls or other group game materials will be shared or provided.
- We will have a big screen for our virtual presentations!
- At dismissal time, text us and we will send your student out to you. (More details later.)
BDA is a 21st CCLC grant-funded program for PCMS students. BDA is designed to provide academic support, develop leadership, and get students involved in activities that challenge and interest them as well as connect to different career clusters. It also builds in civic engagement opportunities!
BDA is held in the middle school cafeteria and offers after school activities, full-day programs, summer camps, and family engagement activities. After school activities include four special programs: Disney Musicals in Schools, 4H, Hard Work is Rewarded, and Let's Learn Together.
You can check out the BDA Twitter feed, Parent Handbook, Program in Review document, and files at the bottom of this page for more information!
Any student within the boundaries of the Plattsmouth Community School District is eligible to attend this program.
BDA has great special programs for 2020-2021!
SUPPORT FOR FAMILIES AND STUDENTS DURING COVID!
Disney Musicals in Schools- Individual and small group virtual programming
4H virtual programming
NASA Engineering Partnership virtual programming
Let's Learn Together virtual tutoring
For more information, contact Dr. Cherie Larson at email@example.com
Blue Devil Academy Contact Information
Susan Hedin- Site Coordinator - BDA cell:402-297-0738BDA Office number: 402-296-3174 ext 2313 (Note- During BDA hours, please use the cell phone number)Emal: firstname.lastname@example.orgMiddle School Office (Until 4:15 pm Monday-Thursday and 4:00 pm on Fridays) 402-296-3147
Dr. Cherie Larson -Director 402-296-3361 ext. 2812; email@example.com
Business: 402-296-3361 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org