American History: Period 3
Instructor: Mr. Kleinmeyer
- Class Documents
- Syllabus, Grading Policy and Essentials for 8th Grade American History.
- Essential #1
- Practice, Quizzes, notes and reviews for Essential #1-Causes of the American Revolution.
- Essential #2
- Perspectives: Analyze different perspectives of the British and the Americans before and during the American Revolution- i.e. Boston Tea Party, Boston Massacre and be able to determine effects of events of the American Revolution.
- Essential #3
- American Revolution: Analyze and understand key events, and people from the American Revolution.
- Essential #4
- American Revolution:Identify important Battles of the American Revolution, why they were fought, and who won.
- Essential #5
- A New Government: Understand the challenges in forming a government for a new nation- i.e., Articles of Confederation, Constitutional Convention, New Jersey, Virginia Plans and the Great Compromise
- Essential #6
- Our Government: Describe the organization, function and the purpose of the Articles of the U.S. Constitution-i.e. name, function, examples of the branches and analyze the Bill of Rights and how it can be changed to reflect the changing needs of the country.
- Essential #7
- Early Presidents: To analyze and understand the impact of our early government and Presidents and how their decisions effect our country even today
- Essential #8
- Expansion and Slavery: Explain how the debate about states’ rights and slavery led to a split between the North and South and how the government tried to stop a split.
- Essential #9
- Civil War: Identify key people and events from the first half of the American Civil War, i.e., battles, generals, strategies.
- Essential #Ten
- Civil War: Identify key people and events from the second half of the American Civil War, i.e., battles, generals, strategies.
3rd American History 9:44-11:09
4th American History 9:44-11:09
5th American History 11:47-1:12
6th American History 11:47-1:12
7th American History 1:16-2:41
8th American History 1:16-2:41
Reteaching/Study Hall 2:45-3:30
Home: Business: 402-296-3174 X 2425 Mobile: Email: email@example.com